Existing Member?

just moments

Once upon a time...

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 6 May 2014 | Views [283] | Scholarship Entry

Right now i'm sitting at Campo Base hostel (Mendoza city, Mendoza, Argentina). Almost a year ago, I had what people called an ideal job, I was living on my own and had my beautiful aparment, a nice group of people arround me, I was practicing many different sports, all of this back in the city were I grew up and live prety much all my life (Mar del Plata). But something was not working, something did not feel right.
By september 2013, and after I 'd been looking at this stupid piece of papper I wrote earlier that year, I realized something. Let me first tell you what was that papper; It was a list, it cointains ( I still have it as a reminder) on the upper side a list of my vision (my life vision, such as dreams, etc.) and in the lower side 2 more lists, one naming the things I did not like about my life back then, and the other one with what I would like. That day I noticed that the upper list had no relation what so ever, with the other one. So I decided in that exact moment that I was going to follow my dreams, instead of following short term goals.
On November the 2nd I was standing on the Route 2 outside Mar del Plata hitchiking with my backpack. It took me those 3 months to sell and give away everything I had, say goodbye and get on the road.
Since that thay I've been travelling arround, not only hitchhikking, on a bus, bicicle; meeting amazing people, seeing incredible places, working and doing diffent things in each places, learning new skills, enjoying life, but most important following my dreams where ever they take me.
I realized that I was not able to follow the plans I made, that I was following something more important, something that was and is coming from deep inside, honestly I do not know how to call it, I named it Impulse.
I think that things have been working out this well, because that "impulse" is pure, it has good intentions, it's not related with money, things or anything like that.
That's it for today, who knows maybe next time I can write about the way.
Thanks for your time.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About lifexperience


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.