Existing Member?

City wanders

Life is Capri-chosa

ITALY | Wednesday, 15 April 2015 | Views [182] | Scholarship Entry

My travel treasure story takes place on Italy, while I was doing a volonteering year there, I took some time off to travel around the south part of the country, being more specific Napoli surroundings. I was staying on one of the cheapest youth hostels of the city and I met the day before this girl from the States, considering that both of us were totally broke we decided to visit Capri together and wake up at 5.30am to take the 6.00am ferry as it is the cheapest one, not having a dime when you travel usually leads to lots of waking up early.

We arrived at the tiny island full of big expectations and completely oblivion about what where we going to find there, as we were too keen to surprises and too lazy to look up for further information. As soon as we set foot in Capri, we decided to take a good Italian coffee and enjoy some breakfast looking at the Mediterranian sea at its best, before walking into tourist information and discover that most of Capri's activities are ment to be on the water, as its famous locations are on a boat. If you ask for prizes of this you'll also find out that if you are tight on your budget, you won't probably be able to make it, but, have no fear! There's a plan B which will make you enjoy Capri and leave without this overwhelming feeling of being in one of the most gorgeous places on Earth.

We talked to some locals and of course they know where to find the good stuff, they recomended us one hikking trail and we decided to become little Dorothys following the arrow tiles all around the island. I would highly recomend this, we crossed around colorful houses, lovely gardens, and every town that the island has to offer. We walked over the cliffts always watching to this perfect turquoise sea, and walking through almost virgin little paradises in our way to a light house. If you pay attention to the trail you won't have any problems, but if you're caught into fascinating conversation you'll end up getting lost eventually, and you've guessed right, we got lost, and started walking among vegetation that was obviously as wild as the stone let it be. Stubborn enough, we kept walking for twenty more minutes, it was thanks to a couple lovely Russian ladies who were also lost and suggested to climb over one fence next to a clifft that we decided to walk back and find the right path away.

Eventually we arrived to the lighthouse and left Capri exhausted but happy.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About lifewandering


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.