Existing Member?

HAVING LIFE TO THE FULL

The vacation of my live!

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 2 May 2015 | Views [131] | Scholarship Entry

My first travelling abroad experience was so incredible ! You can’t imagine !! I left Brazil on 2009 December 1st and l spent three days in Holland. On December 5th I left Amsterdam to go to London, planning to cross England, Scotland and Ireland on a month on my own!!!! I have never been travelling abroad, it was my first time. My wish was to make a literally travel, knowing the places depicted in books like Wuthering Heights, All Quiet on the Orient Express, Pride and Prejudice, and to know Shakespeare house (if it actually remains), know Cornwall, play the highland games, visit castles… But, unfortunately (or fortunately) the things gone wrong...... The UK immigration board in Heathrow airport decided deported me as I arrived there (they thought that I would work illegaly there) . I stayed in a small room (airport underground), like a prison, for one day and one night, with few foods, to wait the next flight to be deported to Brazil. Unbelievable, horrible!!! I told them all the truth: that I was going to couchsurf in UK, but they were so rude to me. I was treated in an inhuman way. But, in God I trust, and He takes care for us.... fortunately, before to go to Heathrow airport, I was in Schipol airport (Amsterdan), it was a connection. Then, to be deported I would need to go to Schipol to make the connection. Always praying, the flight I got delayed a lot (that's the God hand!!!) and it was necessary to book the other flight that would be in the next day. Then, I talked to the transfer desk and changed my flight do January 1st. And, in a miraculous way I get out the Schipol Airport. With all my plans changed, I travelled to Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Switzerland and Germany. It was incredible, fantastic, outstanding! The time of my life!!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!!

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About lifes_time


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.