Existing Member?

The 'Kangaroo' & 'Koala' Adventure

Edinburgh-London,London-Singapore

SINGAPORE | Monday, 28 October 2013 | Views [274]

Well..... and our has begun! I have been looking forward to this trip only a year!

26/10/13

To London by East Coast Train- comfortable but first 40 minutes had to listen to a dumb polish conversation of two, so to be upper class wannabes-OMG!!!!

We spent the afternoon eating delicious food in Lebanon Restaurant called 'Beirut Express' (http://www.maroush.com), which we had discovered with Kara a year ago while meeting in the South Kensington. Coming back I step in to the 'Hummingbird bakery'- American style cakes , just  few metres away from the Beirut Express - http://hummingbirdbakery.com/our-bakeries/south-kensington/. I had never been before but thanks to Pam got their recipes book- hmmhmhm i.e. lemon and thyme sponge cake:) I could not resist their Whoopie Pies (below):

    Chocolate and Peanut Whoopie Pie for 'Koala'  Chocolate & Peanut Butter Whoopie Pie and  Red Velvet Whoopie Pie for 'Kangaroo'Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

They were really, really tasty-not too sweet and not too creamy, melting in mouth so easily! I have to try to make them at home- await then guys when back from the trip:)

Night in the London hotel opposite the Heathrow airport was fine but woke up quite early by our neighbours taking shower - running water through the pipes was making quite a strange noise!

Aaahhhh... almost forgot have to mention that the Scottish bus drivers are so much,much nicer than the London chap who took us from outside terminals 1,2,3 to our hotel;)

27/10/13

We arrived at the airport just after 8:00 and although too early for 11:30 flight but with enough time to sink into chairs and relax with a drink/drinks:)

The flight was long but with all the films, lovely food and attending staff could not complain about it at all. I could not sleep during the flight which resulted in going to bed next day at 17:00 (Sunday), waking up at 24:00 and going back to sleep after 3:00 am and finally waking up at 8:00 (Monday)!!!

Our room at the Carlton City Hotel is in on the 24th floor. It has a beautiful view on the working port and lots of other skyscrapers buildings (as most of Singapore is). It is very pleasant with all the air conditioning but the moment you step outside a heat hits you immediately. Today is only 33 degrees and 72% humidity!;) I do not complain, as after quite a sudden shower (and no umbrella in the bag) our clothes dried within 10 mins!!! going out again so to be continued ....

 

About lic0rice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.