Existing Member?

Kiwi Bee Buzzing

Time to venture to Rarotonga

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 1 September 2012 | Views [526]

It's been a full on couple of weeks - new job starting soon in Brussels, lots of work to tidy up in my current job, distance study and a half marathon. But, it's all worth it. There's a place for busyness, which is situated before and after relaxation. 

In a couple of days, I'll be leaving the new spring of NZ for the sunny oasis of Rarotonga with my boyfriend. Ah, bliss awaits. 

From all of the people I've talked to about Rarotonga, I've only heard overwhelming positive notions. While it could be mistaken for thinking all tropical islands in the South Pacific are an amazing escape, that's not such the case. Here and there you hear people talk about places such as Samoa and Fiji with not quite the warmth as you would hear about Rarotonga. I know , myself, having spent a summer in Tahiti for a French exchange that the reality of some islands is actually quite saddening. Stray and starving dogs, rife pollution, and dangerous alleys are just some complaints. But in saying that, no place is perfect and you have to take the good with the bad. 

The Cook Islands, however, seem to put a spell on people, leaving them with a mesmerising and enchanted experience. 

Anyway, I shall find out for myself - expectations diminished however. 

Back next weekend.

Until then,

Aere Ra

Tags: beaches, cook islands, rarotonga, south pacific

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.