Existing Member?

Hartley's Travel Blog

Notes before takeoff.

USA | Tuesday, 22 September 2015 | Views [578] | Comments [7]

I'm writing the first blog post for 2 reasons: 1st to give everyone an idea of how long a flight from LAX to Tokyo is, and 2nd to make sure that this program works as I have never blogged before and have absolutely no Idea what i'm doing.

 

My Flight leaves tomorrow at 12:50pm CST from Dallas Love Field Airport, from there i fly to Los Angeles, before hopping on a 18hr 40min flight to Tokyo.  When comparing it to the worlds longest cricket match which lasted 150 hours by a club in England it is just a blink of the eye, but cricket is a strange sport and 19 hours is just shy of a full day so disregard any comparison to Cricket; IT IS A LONG FLIGHT!  After a short layover in Tokyo I will be flying to Singapore where i will catch up with my group Conrad, Lilly and Sarah who leave a day before me but have a 23 hour layover in Singapore, then it's off to Bangkok, Thailand where the journey on foot beigins.

 

As I mentioned this is my first time writing a blog, really even the first time writing in a journal since the 1st grade when we had homade notebooks made out of cloth and most of the journal logging was done in elaborate cave drawing format (I come from a family of artists and there is a reason that many of you have seen their work and mine remains unexposed).  So that being said I am not sure how frequintly I can or will be posting, but I would expect that I can populate a post weekly if not more and pictures will be going up frequently.  If anyone has suggestions on how to make this blog enjoyable please let me know as even tips on whether longer or shorter is better, frequency so i don't wear myself or others out.

 

Finally, thanks for taking part in this journey with us.  There are a million things to do in Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and Indonesia and we have researched and planned for many of them but not even touched the surface.  Please comment or email me if there are things that you think we might be able to enjoy(afford).  Thanks for all of the love and support as we do something that i would have never imagined.  I look forward to opening a new way of thinking and being able to understand cultures and ways of life that i have been shut off and closed minded to in the past.

 

Let the adventure begin,

Lawrence Hartley - lhartleyiii@gmail.com

Tags: backpacking, flights, se asia, travel

 

Comments

1

safe travels cousin!!! Great blog start! You're a natural!

  Laura Sep 23, 2015 5:26 AM

2

Godspeed to you four! Be safe and have a wonderful adventure!
Love blog #1... keep it up!

  Mom Sep 23, 2015 6:33 AM

3

I am looking forward to living vicariously through you these next three months!
Fare thee well, world traveler!

  Chrissie Moline Sep 23, 2015 7:55 AM

4

In Bangkok the food is spicy..... The temples are interesting and the Buddhist monks in saffron-colored robes are everywhere! Enjoy!

  Cyndi Gidley Sep 24, 2015 2:02 AM

5

We're connected! Will love following your blog...God bless you 4 in your travels.

  Pastor Grandparents Sep 24, 2015 4:23 AM

6

Hug a monk for me. Safe travels

  Mr Lawrence Sep 24, 2015 11:31 AM

7

Safe travels! You did great on your blog can't wait to hear more and see more about it all!

  BCOLA Sep 25, 2015 1:33 PM

About lhartleyiii


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.