Existing Member?

The Amicable Adventures of Ichabod Crane and his faithful sound recordist/food tester, James Dandy An honest account of my current sweltering experiences in the not-so-geriatric-friendly city of BrisVegas

...something to look forward too...

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 27 January 2008 | Views [292]

Greetings readers!

The heat does not seem like it shall desist for some time (no matter how many times rain-dances I do) and there is no getting used to it – we've had the air-conditioning going since we arrived so it wouldn't surprise me if we wind up with Legionaire's Disease somewhere down the track....something to look forward to. I reckon I've lost about 5 kg in sweat since moving back, bringing me that much closer to hitting my goal weight of 60 kg! (one day....one day...)

Australia is currently undergoing a week-long of mourning for Heath Ledger. Despite the lack of developments, the media's gone beserk and continually - personally I think there's only so many times you can say "He's Dead". 'Heath Week' will see every film and tv appearance he's ever done, dredged up and aired...something to look forward to.

Apart from that, this week is shaping up to be pretty quiet, apart from a plan to visit the Andy Warhol Museum currently on at GOMA and the second film lesson - last week we "got to know our camera". Can't say I was a little pissed off things can only get better I guess.

The soiree was was alright, all things considered. I saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen since I left back in 2006 - it was interesting to catch up and find out what they had planned for the future and I admit I was quite impressed by some of the guests' ability, who, though having aquired the title of 'adult', are still able to maintain the maturity of a 12 year old.

It certainly feels different to no longer have any school or homework and if I hadn't had the sense to bring my film folio and tapes-to-edit in my hand luggage I think I may have actually died of boredom at this stage.

Tags: Misadventures

About lewija08


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.