Existing Member?

Down Under Journey A middle aged lady's excellant adventure downunder

Any country where you can get mango cheesecake for breakfast can't be all bad!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 11 December 2014 | Views [293]

You heard me right.  That coupled with a mug of flat black can get you going in the morning.  It is quite hot and humid here right now - even the Port DouglasIan's have commented how muggy it is.  I strolled down to the Marina this morning and contributed positively to the Port Douglas economy.  Even took a swim, but water is right around bath water temperature, so not very refreshing.  Nothing is really very cold here and they dispense ice seldom, if ever!  I understand that is common in the UK where a good many of these citizens hail from.  Chillin the rest of the afternoon, too hot to go back into town and I picked up some gigantic shrimp, excuse me, Prawns, that I will soon be enjoying with a medium cold beer for dinner.  I am going to have Breakfast with the Birds tomorrow at the wild life park, and I aim to nab a photo with a koala, if it is the last thingI do.  Then on to Ciarns for the evening and then a 5:30 am flight to Brisbine and then home.  I understand the Bucks made the final 4, so lots to celebrate.  Cheers.

About leslieb

me 55 years ago

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.