Existing Member?

Down Under Journey A middle aged lady's excellant adventure downunder

We're not in Kansas anymore

USA | Sunday, 30 November 2014 | Views [301]

As you can see from the pictures, I have arrived. the Quantas flight was awesome, and the majority of the flght attendants are male, cast in the ruggedrole of Crockodile Dundee, which ain't all bad.  I was greeted on board with a glass of bubbly, which set the tone for a very relaxing trip.  Our row lucked out in that there were only three of us (a dad and his son, who presently live in San Fran, but are from Australia and were returning to Oz for this holidays.  A good dinner, a movie, pop the Ambian, and lo and behold it is 7 hours later.  Woke up about 4 hours out, did a sitz bath in the lav, changeedclothes and had a bit of fresh fruit before landing.  A quick trip through customs, a stess free transfer to the domestic terminal (Hell, LAX, are you listening?), then a puddle jumper to Cairns (pronounced "cans" as I have been told over and over and am now chillaxin'in my room after a vey quick dip in th pool.  Going to head out for an esrly dinner, and early to bed.  This old bod doesn't quite move the way it did Before.  Will updat once picked up for the flight up North?  Cheer, Mats.

 

About leslieb

me 55 years ago

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.