Existing Member?

My Travel Experience

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 15 April 2012 | Views [1562] | Comments [10] | Scholarship Entry

From the beautiful Rabbit Island to the Bokor Mountain is the gift of Mother Nature for Cambodia- a place should visit before you die.

I and my friends celebrate the New Year eve’s in Kep. Kep is a relaxing southwestern seacoast province of Cambodia 168 km away from Phnom Penh.    We stop by Kompong Trach Mountain, known for its picture hyacinth covered lake. Here I go to the nearby limestone caves and find at the heart of the mountain, a small well-like hole, where some people go to pray in front of the Buddha statue. It is wonderful to see such founding a new world.

After that, we hold a boat to visit the nearby Rabbit Island perhaps 30 minutes. Upon arriving, it is such a great to see the coconut trees are swaying on peaceful beach. We have lunch on the beach with a fresh air, quiet and sunshine and non-smoking where the greatest place to relax on this holiday is and lay on the sandy beach to read a book, swim and snorkel. On the island, treks up the mountain for the best panoramic view of the sea and the nearby town. When night falls, we can explore and enjoy the culinary diversity of restaurants that are scatter along the beach.

Early morning, driving back to Kompot where a gate way to the Bokor National Park is. The Bokor National Park was developed by the French as a private chic hill station in the early 20th century. There’s a road the French had built to walk or drive up to the top of the plateau to this well-known national park, where we can find an abandoned Catholic church, a casino and hotel, and it is called the city in the clouds, as the buildings get shrouded by fogs that gives one the feeling like the paradise. The Bokor National Park is popular for its cool mountain climate and remains a year round favorite locals and foreigners. The scenery from the top is captivating especially in the morning hours when I can literally touch the clouds and take in the mountain fresh air.

Nice time with picnic on the mountain and drive back home.

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

 

Comments

1

I had read your travel writing. It is really amazing for advanture in Cambodia. I can see this beautful world because of this world.

  Vanndy Mao Apr 28, 2012 12:23 PM

2

It is really interesting

  Lida ken Apr 29, 2012 8:24 PM

3

I plan to visit in Cambodia after I read your article.

  David Jam Apr 29, 2012 8:27 PM

4

I am really want to visit Kompot. Thanks for this article.

  Kao Kimseng Apr 30, 2012 7:22 PM

5

It is really amazing that can describe a great place in Cambodia. Althought I stay in Cambodia, and I never visit there. I am going to visit there in my holiday. Great article.

  phatana som May 1, 2012 1:28 AM

6

thanks Vandy for your love this article. I will try to write more about Cambodia. Lenin

  lenin May 1, 2012 2:28 PM

7

Thanks for all guide like this artice, and I hope you share my article and post it in your blog. Lenin

  lenin May 1, 2012 2:30 PM

8

Although it is my first time that I write my travel experience in Cambodia. I am so inspired by all reader and I will keep continue write more about it. Lenin.

  lenin May 1, 2012 2:32 PM

9

From my view, this article is the perfect article. It bring me to the place that I can see the beautiful of nature. I love it. Once day I will go to visit there. Sophal

  Sophal Sam May 3, 2012 7:11 PM

10

I really enjoy your article. I will plan to visit Cambodia through your description.

  Ryan Margin May 3, 2012 7:13 PM

About lenin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.