Existing Member?

The History of Fantasy

The History of Fantasy

NORWAY | Friday, 14 August 2015 | Views [505] | Scholarship Entry

I have been on itinerant taking part in artist residency programs since 2011. I have a particular interest in living & working in remote, extreme locations. My intent is to allow myself to focus intensely on developing my art practice through creating artwork within a spatially challenging set up.

I regard my confidence, good faith and capability in handling chance-based operations my best quality as a filmmaker. I never hesitate to take up any opportunity because of fear to loss or fail. I believe all unfavorable circumstances themselves are valuable and stimulating elements, which I choose to take advantage of. The genuine experimental spirit in me would be my true expertise.

Among the projects that I realized in remote locations, I would like to use my encounter with Freia Hutzschenreuter in Longyearbyen as a reference. Freia - German by origin - is an elderly Longyearbyen resident who has spent 45 years living in Spitsbergen. I first met Freia in early autumn 2013 before I embarked on a 2-week expedition in the Arctic Ocean. Our first encounter was entirely serendipitous: I was walking uphill heading back to the lodge I stayed after a short visit to town center on the day of arrival; Freia was walking downhill on the way to dispose her “black old TV” at the town’s recycling site, we cross-path when approaching one another from opposite direction. I managed to meet Freia for multiple times, it was truly fascinating and surprising to listen and talk to her.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About lenelenejo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.