Existing Member?

Why I...

Why I Left Home...

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [243] | Scholarship Entry

I love getting to the heart of someone and finding out what makes them the way that they are. My aim is to find the joy in people and their stories. I'm a firm believer that everyone has that one thing that makes them excited, breathless, teary or exhilarating - and I set out to find that in every person I interview.

This opportunity to capture a world and it's inhabitants that many haven't seen, and to give others a glimpse and gain an understanding of it would be of great benefit to me a storyteller. The world is too small to see it through a screen and I hope to inspire others to get out there and get their hands dirty exploring it and its wonders.

This video entry is my first foray into shooting and producing my own projects. It's the first in a series of documentaries titled 'Why I...', a project which explores anything and everything a person may be passionate about.

I work in television as a gag writer and segment producer, and am looking for the opportunity to sharpen my skills under a real professional. The chance to be mentored by a professional would teach me more in a week than the slapdash world of light entertainment television could in a year.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About leisl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.