Existing Member?

Leanne With a year off work. I am off to South America to experience living in country so different from my own.

Back in Shenzhen

CHINA | Friday, 16 September 2011 | Views [471] | Comments [1]

Well, I thought I was in a routine, woke up bright and early had our English lesson around 7.30am. Lucy was working pretty hard so she needed a break after just over an hour but we never got back to the lesson because she announced that we were on the 12.30 flight back to Shenzhen, she also conveyed that I should pack lightly and leave stuff in Shanghai, so I packed everything because you never know you know. Again we were met at the airport by a driver and whisked into the middle of Shenzhen to the very very nice Crowne Plaza Hotel. The only downside is that we are sharing the room, the upside is that it is very large and quite luxurious. I like Lucy but it would be nice to have my own space. As soon as I got in the room I fired up my netbook and it instantly connected to the WiFi, within 10 minutes I was talking to Nick, it’s been over a week and I was missing our chats. Lucy and I hung out in the room for the rest of the afternoon, did some more English practice with the use of internet resources – much more interesting. I tried to get out of dinner but Lucy insisted and I must admit the company was quite charming. We picked up a couple from Hong Kong that spoke very good English, apparently they were in staying in Shenzhen for the sole purpose of meeting Lucy to deliver some documents. When the meal was pretty much over, a man arrived followed soon after by Vivian, she told me later that the man was May’s father.  He didn’t swop to English to speak to me so I didn’t meet him properly but when he asked about me I answered so he may have thought I could speak Chinese and not that I had just got lucky with the few words I know. Vivian didn’t eat, she had probably already eaten as it was late but she did read through the contract being passed around then give us all a lift back to the hotel, our driver must have gone home. I’m still trying to figure out her job. The Hong Kong couple came back to our hotel room and Lucy has signed the contract. I am just leaving them to it as I am happy playing on the internet.

Comments

1

Fascinating. I wonder if anything in the Question Box gets taken out and answered...

  Nina Sep 20, 2011 9:54 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.