Existing Member?

One year out and about... “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ― Mary Oliver

Indiana, Minnesota and South Carolina

USA | Tuesday, 22 May 2012 | Views [333]

Haley's Walleye

Haley's Walleye

Well, it's alredy been a wild ride and we're not even to Africa yet.  The week after leaving our jobs we drove to Hoosierland to see some of my dearest friends and family.  We were a bit spoiled with the homecooked food(love Mom's baked steak), Oyster Bar (thanks Dad and Bev), Casa's (blessed evil friend Sara).  Afterwards, headed North to have some good Indian food with our friend in Chicago.  Then rolled our fat bellies on to Minnesota to stay with our lovely Haley and attend her graduation.  Woooohoooooo! She's graduated from nursing school AND landed a job.  Thanks to Haley and Eric, Rainer got to really fish for the first time.  I know all my hoosier friends are saying "no way!" Two words... city boy. We caught a boatload of fish that weekend and thanks to a very feisty Northern that I caught (then screamed like a little girl for help), Eric was treated to a short trip to the ER to have a hook removed from his thumb.  That's what memories are made of.

Next stop was Charleston, SC to visit the organization that Rainer and I will be volunteering with. We decided we love Charleston and are putting it in our list of potential places we might want to live in this lifetime.  Pretty, clean, lush, beachy and just darn cute.

And finally a few days at home in NJ before skipping the country.  Packing last minute and hitting the last 50 or so things on the ToDo list.  Ugh!  Off to Europe.

Tags: usa

 

About leafturner


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.