Existing Member?

the world is mine

my Italy

ITALY | Wednesday, 7 May 2014 | Views [187] | Scholarship Entry

On September 7. 2013 I decided to go in Calabria, Italy. I was scared when I got on board the plane, which transported me into the wonderful country. I'll never forget the moment when the aircraft began to lose height and I saw for the first time in the country. As I flew I saw the blue sea, then the mountains, among which there are small villages,then I saw the plains, rivers, and then finally my plane landed. From Russia with autumn rainy sky I moved to sunny summery Italy.Every day here is full of surprises and unexpected things.My expectations have been realized. Italian ice cream is something magical , incredible,I can not choose the right words to describe my emotions when I eat ice cream. Now I lose my head, I can not speak at that moment there is nothing for me, just me and my ice cream. Pizza - it's the second word, that makes my heart beat faster. Italian desserts. I really have to talk about Italian desserts? Worth more than a witness who looks a thousand who listen. Try it and then you will understand me.
I am the person why really like to enjoy nature. Here I found many places that are wonderful and fabulous. I can not imagine my life without water, because I was born in the city, located near the river. In Calabria there is the sea. The sea that always has its mood, which has its own colors.I can spend all day by the sea and enjoy it. I'm very happy, because I have participated in two traditional festivals, which were organised as a part of the celebrations of the harvest of chestnuts and traditional local wines. For the first time in my life I saw it with my eyes dance the tarantella, and I danced it! This is the unspeakable sense, when the whole square is common in the rhythm , everyone is happy,everyone is friends, all singing,all are drunk from red wine, which flows freely . When you dance you don`t feel your feet, but you continue to dance, because it is impossible to resist the urge to dance.
The gestures of Italians are famous over the world and this thing is really special. Only Italians can speak without words, but with hands and gestures.For each case, for each situation exists its own movement. I really like to decipher the meaning of the gesture, although this is very difficult. When you attend our Italian friends almost day and night, it also begins to freely use gestures , even I started speak with gestures, although that previously I did not have talked with gestures. The only thing I can say is "la vita è bella!".

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About lavita


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.