Existing Member?

Where on earth are we?

Chapattis, more chapattis, and the longest train journey in the world!

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 30 June 2008 | Views [306]

Hello my lovelies, we are at this very moment sitting in a relatively sweaty internet Cafe in Trivandrum, listening to some dodgy Indian music and attempting to book our flights from Goa to Delhi.

After arriving in Chennai, we stayed with Preeti and her parents (and Rob), a nice easy introduction to the country! We visited Mahablipuram, about an hour away from Chennai, a world heritage site where temples and statues are carved out of the massive rocks (obviously intended for climbing all over then...). We went to a crocodile farm, where there were literally hundreds of mugger crocodiles in the same pen, and we had a bit of a photo opp with a baby crocodile and some other slithery things. We visited about every temple in Chennai, all of which have a completely different atmosphere, went to the government museum (saw the skeleton of an elephant which a guide excitedly told us 'killed two men!'), navigated Chennai central station, have only had minor toilet issues so far, and arrived successfully in Trivandrum at 7 this morning! (That's 3.30 am English time...)

We also worked out that in order to play 'Half man, half chapatti', we'd have to eat over 6,000 chapattis each.

 

About lauren_and_becca


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.