Existing Member?

Beard goes Backpacking Something to keep my mum happy while her youngest disappears for 2 months!!!

sore bum

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 4 April 2007 | Views [389] | Comments [1]

Well the kayaking trip is temporarily off.  Ben is deperate to get down to Queenstown to do his bungees and if he went ahead, it would take a week for me to catch up again.  Also some other friends i've made are continuing and just didn't want to be left behind!  It's not safe for a girl of my age to be wandering NZ alone with all these sheep... So hopefully do it on way back up.

Went horse riding yesturday for 2 hours through Lord of the Rings Territory.  Been meaning to go riding for a while so that was a fantastice return to the ride!  Got on well with my horse - Buster - we even had a couple canters and a few jumps.  Yahoo.  We stayed in River Valley Lodge - a gorgeous remote lodge believe it or not - in a valley by a river where they do grade 5 white water rafting.  I am going to stop there for a week on my way back up to be a SLAVE!!  Fo 6 hours a day of cleaning, housekeeping etc (what bliss!  CLEANING!) I get free accommodation, meals and internet use, plus one activity.  So i'll do rafting for free.  How very clever.

Easy day today and just a walk tomorrow.  Phew.

ps. sore bum is from horse riding...

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

You could always come back here to do some cleaning. House angel Caroline is off for 4 weeks following an operation and Annie has damaged her foot as she was coming down the steps on the day she was moving house(sound familiar? I think she thought she might be able to move in here and have 5 star treatment like Claire did!)Anyway I am happy to swap places so that you can come back here to clean as you are such a home bird.
Sounds like you are having a ball, good on you girl.
LOL Sarah

  sarah Apr 5, 2007 6:53 PM

About lauratheexplorer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.