Existing Member?

Random's Journey

A Local Encounter that Changed my Perspective - My Beloved Friend from Germany

GERMANY | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [276] | Scholarship Entry

Two months ago, from 2nd February 2013 until 28th February 2013 to be exact, I was given a chance to have a journey to Europe. It was a totally unexpected journey. The trip started on the second of February 2013. I can remember every details of my trip because it was my best trip ever. I first visited The Netherlands. Den Haag, to be exact, because my cousin lived there. Yeah, I stayed in her house but she worked every day. Therefore, I went anywhere by myself only. It was fun and exciting for me to travel alone.
I planned to visit some countries near The Netherlands; Belgium, Italy, Germany, and France. But this time, I am gonna tell you about my journey in Germany. I was there from 14th of February until 18th of February. What made me excited about it was the fact that I was gonna meet a friend of mine who I had known for 3 years via Twitter. Yeah, we met on Twitter around 2010. We both were Westlife's fans that was why we could get along easily. We chatted a lot and spazzed a lot. I remember once I told her "You know, we are getting along well. But I don't think we can ever meet, because I think it's impossible for me to go to Germany". So, when I finally got everything I needed to start my trip, I immediately told her the good news! She was also very happy for me. We made appointment that we would meet on Sunday in Frankfurt because it was near where we stayed. The day we met came. The encounter took place in the Frankfurt Station. After that, we both went to an Irish restaurant near the station together. She is actually my only non-asian friend. Yeah, I have a lot of friends living in Europe and USA. But all of them are asians. So,this friend of mine is my only non-asia friend. That time, I noticed how different it was to hang out with non-asians and asians. She did listen to my every story, but she did not really talk a lot. But that did not mean she disliked me. She gave me a birthday gift because my birthday was 5 days away. After eating, we took a walk. Since it was Sunday, the roads were so empty. I asked her some Deutsch words and she gladly answered. However, still, if I did not talk about a topic, she would stay silent. That day, I learn something new. "So this is how it feels to really meet and be a friend of someone originally from Germany, not from Asia"

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About laurandom


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.