Existing Member?

My travels

Indonesia (Bali and the Gilli Islands)

INDONESIA | Saturday, 26 January 2013 | Views [172]

Indonesia was the very first of (hopefully) many countries that I will visit. It was a great place to start, and what was even better was that I shared it with my beautiful best friend and soulmate Lara, who I hadn't seen for the previous 2 years. One thing that I found, almost immediately, was that the Indonesian people are extremely kind and will often go out of their way to help you. Another thing that caught my attention was the usual type of Australians that visit Bali. I found myself repulsed by many of them on the grounds that all they seemed capable of doing was getting drunk and being rude to the locals. They had no real interest in seeing culture or experiencing anything different to what they know at home, their only interest seemed to be the good party scene and the cheap alcohol. i think however, judging by what many people I have spoken to have said, that it is only normal to feel annoyed at or resent people from ones own country while travelling, due to the desire to experience new things.

While in indonesia I experienced many things, such as snorkelling in beautifully clear blue water and seeing some of the most stunning aquatic life I have ever seen, parasailling, meeting new people and instantly becoming close friends, travelling for hours on end by bus or boat or train, being able to gorge myself on on some of the most delicious food i have ever tasted for $1.50 in a restaurant and much more. 

Its been almost 2 months since I left and I cannot wait to go back.

About laurajcarr


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.