Existing Member?

The Last Queen of Skye Dreams of Flying and Space Travel!

Festival - Chuseok (??), a Harvest Festival

SOUTH KOREA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [356] | Scholarship Entry

It's September in South Korea. As the summer heat began to die down and the wind turned crisp, we could feel a tension in the air as the Harvest season drew near. This was the beginning of festivals, and the festival to start it all was the most important one of all--Chuseok.

Lorraine and I have lived in South Korea for over a year and we realized we haven't really experienced Chuseok for ourselves. And so with this project in mind, we seized the opportunity and followed my mom on a small exodus back to her hometown.

We're both teachers. Lorraine's a photographer and I love stories. And so armed only with an iPhone 4s and an iPad 2, we put on our adventure shoes and shot our first ever travel film.

We hiked mountains, ate interesting food, awkwardly offered wine to dead people and learned all sorts of interesting stuff. At the marketplace, two tall fully-grown ladies were shown their ass by tough little old ladies with a mission. It was spectacular fun.

Winning this scholarship would be an amazing opportunity to discover what we could do and the things we could create. As teachers, we understand that learning never really stops and we want this to be a part of our lives.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About lastqueenofskye


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.