Existing Member?

Lastleaf's Journey - Straight From the Heart Appreciating the diversity... oh, it brings more happiness...

Sharing Stories - A Glimpse into Another's Life - Camotes Island –The Unfound Paradise

PHILIPPINES | Friday, 29 March 2013 | Views [506] | Scholarship Entry

Smelling the salty, freeing sensation, hair blown feeling by the sea gives reprieve to the loneliness of impending separation from a dear friend. It was on a sunny day, a day where you can feel the heat biting your skin, when she said she’s leaving. The effect of those words were immediate she saw the hurt on every line of my face. She smiled and said, “Let’s go somewhere.”
Camotes is a small island in the middle of the sea that reflects the color not of blue but of emerald. It gives you a feeling of wanting to delve in and just stay in this heaven’s lost paradise. The port is as enchanting as this that a poet would fail to describe it into words. I wanted to stay right there but we had to go to our hotel.
Yet the hotel gives a comparable emotion like that of the port. It offers a person a wonderful view of the sea. It’s vast, clean, peaceful and inviting. The scenery made my heart beat like a drum and it resounds a happy pound.
We had a tour on a habal-habal (motorbike taxi). Every turn of the road, every tree, and every stray dog gives me a sense of serenity. The habal-habal might be rambling but there is an undisturbed peace inside me as we went along our tour. Everything on that place was captivating. The water on the man-made cave (Timubo cave) was refreshingly cold and was clearer than a cloudless sky, an oasis to our cracked dreams and dried up hopes. The setting sun in the Baywalk painted the blue sky orange and the wind blows hard you can hear them speak into your ears. But things as good as these don’t last, do they? As the darkness covered everything that is beautiful, we headed back to our hotel.
Morning came. I saw her beside me. We have been together all our life yet the warmth she brings will soon fade. I had to look away and stop thinking. Then, the sound of the waves caressing the shore reached my senses. I got out of the bed, opened the door and saw what I have been unknowingly looking for. The lemon-colored ball has revealed its rays - signifying hope. I realized that night might dawn on us but the sun never fails. I felt my friend’s presence behind me. I saw her smile – the kind of smile that tells you that no distance nor time can ever change what we have shared together.
Just like this island... the darkness may cover the beauty it possess but as sure as there is night, the light shall reveal its magnificence. Then without words, we raced towards the jade-colored sea laughing our heart out.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About lastleaf


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.