Existing Member?

Ain't it the life?!

the final countdown...

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 16 July 2008 | Views [260] | Comments [2]

Woo hoo!  Only 3 more sleeps!

hi all,

how are things back home?  Just a quick note to let you all know we are settling in well.  Everyone including us is constantly hot and smelly!  Our kids are great, we are constantly greeted with smiles and hugs.  the language has proved a little more of a barrier than we expected but we are slowly learning each day.

Today we are in town to explore a little and contact the outside world!  Our town is super isolated and we are defintely an amusement to the locals as we walk down the streets.  Also going to a good old american restuarant for lunch so we can get our meat fix for the week.

Other than that, just taking it easy and finding our feet.Should be heading out to an island next weekend with our housemates which will be nice to relax on the beach!

Adios for now!

Comments

1

hi all,

for those of you who are wondering what is going on, well we have finally arrived and have started settling in! the town we are living in is quite small and isolated so our dreams of keeping this online joutrnal have been put on hold. We have to travle into town for aoubt 15 minutes to get internet access and it is pretty slow, I´m frustrated already! We won´t get to check email or here that often and there defintely will not be any photos for you to see.

We are hot, sticky and smelly but we are well!

Hasta luego!

  laschicas Jul 24, 2008 3:51 AM

2

Hi ya!

Hope you're still hot, sticky and smelly but well. Keep checking for updates, but none (unless I can't navigate around this page). Hope things turned out the way you'd hoped and that you had/are having a ball.
Not much has changed around here. In fact, can't think of a single thing. From memory you were travelling on before returning home. If you're already back the Polish Festival's on again this Sunday (16 Nov) at Federation Square - plenty of beer, meat and vodka (not necessarily in that order). Would be good if you can make it.
Hmm, might see if you've left something in the pics area.

Keep well and remember to party like there's no tomorrow and hasta luego!

  Jan Nov 13, 2008 8:52 AM

About laschicas


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.