Existing Member?

Palawan This the story of a diving trip to Palawan, to see the wrecks of Coron and to experience the amazing Philippines in our own way at our own pace.

Damuagette to Dipolog and Dakak resort

PHILIPPINES | Tuesday, 10 March 2009 | Views [1960]

After Ken and Rabbit split, I flew alone to Damuagette, a nice little university town where I checked into The Check Inn hotel. This newish hotel was great value and very centrally located in downtown, between the sea and the market. Having been here before, I decided to roam around amd immerse myself into the local way of life (as much as a middled aged single while male could be immersed) I met the manager of a local bar and she suggested I go to Mindanao and have a look at the Dakak resort. So I arranged a ticket on a roro ship leaving at 05:00 the next morning,  only p200. The passengers are accomodated in bunks jammed close together, with their belongings, fighting cocks and children all competing for space, it was a great experience and I enjoyed the everything in spite of the heat, humidity and noise.

We were dischared at Dapitan port where I took a minibus to Dakak, having a look while on the move at the interesting villages and towns on the way. The road was sensationally rough, being under major reconstruction and it was a hot and bumpy ride to Dakak where I arrived to a nice 5 starish tropical resort complete with several swimming pools and a wonderful coconut fringed white sandy beack. There was a fairly well set up dive shop here but I was not inspired to dive, rather I kicked back by swimming and enjoying the various facilities. There was one other european staying there with his girlfriend, the rest of the guests were well heeled filipinos.

It was an early departure the next day to catch a fast ferry back to Damuagette where I had a wonderful 2 hour massage for p360 before arranging a boat ticket to Cebu City leaving at 07:00 the next morning.

Tags: beaches, diving

About larrynixon


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.