Existing Member?

On the road again

Bangkok and Manila

THAILAND | Wednesday, 23 July 2008 | Views [730]

After a delayed flight from Phnom Penh we arrived in Bangkok after dark. We booked the Ambassador Hotel in Sukhamavit district which was a good area for us. The street market was right out the front, handy for the girls! Plenty of Thai restuarants close by (more Green Chicken curries!) and we had a nice pool to cool off in after the heat of the day. It was very hot and humid. After all the travelling in Cambodia we relaxed and slowed down, the girls catching up on some poolside reading. We were in Bangkok about 5 days. We went to the Grand Palace, unfortunately on a buddhist holiday so it was packed and partially closed. It was a beautiful sight though. We went to see the largest reclining Buddha in SE Asia which was amazing. Bangkok was easy to get around using the train system and taxi's were cheap. We finished up at the weekend market which was huge, hot, humid and a bit overwhelming. Larry, Liz and Maddy flew to Manila on Saturday night leaving Lou and Kate to get to Melbourne Sunday night.

We arrived in Manila at 4.30am. We watched the sunrise over Manila Bay with hundreds of Filipino's until something was open for breakfast. We went to our hotel and slept by the pool until our room was ready. Those overnight flights are killers! Maddy had a few hours sleep then we had a look around Manila. Liz and Maddy found the streets full of suspect looking people all eager to look at Maddy ofcourse as there are not many tourists around. Heavily armed guards were a bit off putting too even at the 7 Eleven store and MacDonalds!

 

About larry_the_travel_guide


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.