Existing Member?

World throughout the mobile

Hobo and Warsaw

UKRAINE | Friday, 2 May 2014 | Views [190] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

Few years ago when I still was a student I suddenly woke up in Warsaw.

A day before that we (me and classmates) had some celebration. It's really hard to recover the reason, but I remember that we ended late evening and my way to house was along the train station.

I do really love Warsaw, so when I passed the station, I decided that it's a great idea to visit Poland. This way I bought my ticket to train 'Minsk-Warsaw'.

Just imagine, 6.30am, hangover, early March, snow, foreign country and... no Polish money into my jacket. I had Belarusian rubles, but the problem with them is that it's impossible change them in Warsaw.

I had three ways to do:
- 1st, find someone who could help me to get transport to Belarus
- 2nd, hitchhiking
- 3rd, ask conductor take me to the train.

During all my walking through the city I decided, that the only right way is the third one.

8.40pm I stood at the platform where train Warsaw-Minsk arrived. The conductor I came to Poland watched at me with pity and allowed me to occupy one place in train.

Next morning I was really happy to step onto the Belarusian land.

After that I never traveled w/out american or european money. No way!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

Comments

1

I missed with the country - Ukraine below the title.

  larchanka May 2, 2014 4:46 AM

About larchanka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ukraine

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.