Existing Member?

Niña De La Tierra

Egypt, Ras Sudr: Matarma Bay, A Peaceful State Of Mind

EGYPT | Wednesday, 10 June 2015 | Views [516]

            To sit and gaze at the colors that dance and crash when the clock hits sunset hour, to hear the waves of the ocean singing a giggle-like melody that is so familiar and cheerful in its nature that it draws a spontaneous yet accurate smile on your face, to breath in with passion and breath out your worries, to relax every muscle in your body,  to feel connected to all that which surrounds you, in an intimate, almost unreal way. That is to be in the perfectly natural state of mind and that is exactly what I was able to obtain throughout my stay in Matarma.

 

             I was handed the best of both worlds, that being; the ability to meditate, clear your mind and obtain a sense of peacefulness through the simplicity of the scenery that surrounds you, on one hand, and turn that peacefulness into unforgettable, enjoyable nights full of laughter, new faces and a hell of a story to take home with you, on the other hand. Although the initial plan was to spend 3 nights over here then head back home, those 3 nights turned into 10 wonderful nights in a place that truly felt like home. Perhaps my ultimate, personally, favorite aspect was the never ending adventures and the loving atmosphere provided by those who run the place, as well as the guests staying at the Hotel. There's always an adventure waiting for you, whether it's kite-surfing, kayaking, meditating, jamming or simply enjoying conversations with strangers that have tons of interesting stories to share. To top that off, you are provided with all the needed facilities, a beautiful space area for the early birds to meditate whilst admiring the sight of sun-rise, a well facilitated gym for the fit dragons, a bar area with a DJ mixing the perfect tunes that will make you jiggle and enjoy your drink, a cozy glass-closed area where you can lay back, enjoy a lazy day in and still have the sight of the ocean and last but never the least, the main hut, where you will come across the travelers, writers, art lovers and story tellers that will make your trip a worth-while one.

 

            What's the staff and service like? Always up to your expectations. The staff is friendly, polite and will do their best to ensure that your needs are always comfortably met. I may not be a food lover myself but when the clock strikes hunger time, no one will want to wait too long for the food to be well cooked and ready to be eaten up; with a team of hard-working members, your order is taken and served in less than 15 minutes. Perfect! Me and my travel hobo had no means of transportation, so finding a way to buy a few necessities from the supermarket near-by was no piece of cake but the staff were always kind enough to offer to stop by on their way to work to pick up a few things for us. Sounds like your feel at home-like place, doesn't it? 

Tags: a beautiful company, admiration of life, beauty, huts, meditation, sea, simplicity, sunsets

About larasabry

To meditate at the sight of the waves twisting and crashing.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.