Existing Member?

plant seeds sing songs "May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." ~Edward Abbey

holidays, weddings and a new year

USA | Wednesday, 31 December 2008 | Views [403] | Comments [1]

Well, I am at Mom's house in Murfreesboro, the best place I can think of to spend the holidays. Christmas Eve and Day were spent on the soft carpet in front of the fire, with my feet as close to the flames as I could stand. Alanna and I watched as Mom opened the quilt that we had been coordinating with our cousin Lisa for months. Lisa sewed the quilt using some of our favorite shirts of Dad's. It was so fun to recall the occasions that each shirt made its appearance in our lives. I caught up with a few old friends, and tonight, New Year's Eve, I will watch my dear friend Sarah Mack get hitched. A lovely way to celebrate a new partnership: celebrating a new year. I will be heading back to Portland to box and store my life there, hug my friends, and then I will head out on my adventure. I go first to Kauai, courtesy of my hard-earned Hawaiian miles card.... I will visit my sweet friends Kaya and Mike for the last time before they move back to Portland in June. From there I will fly straight to LA, tag along on a climbing trip to Joshua Tree, and then I will turn south, the perfect direction to wander.................

 

Comments

1

Have a wonderful adventure. I'm so glad you are keeping this blog! If you are in LA for more than a minute, call me.I want to hug you and squeeze you in half!

  A+ Jan 1, 2009 4:48 AM

About lararaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.