Existing Member?

Daniel Greece, (program of education for make benefit beautiful nation of Australia)

Day 13

GREECE | Monday, 26 July 2010 | Views [445]

Today started off pretty much the same as yesterday except that the breakfast was different bthan yesterdays (something that we didn’t get to experience at villa themillina in Kalymnos.) We got on the bus and started the 2.5 hr journey to Thessaloniki. When we got there it was off to see aint Dimiti’s Church and to check out his relic (his bones) we also met our tour guide Dimitri there and he gave u a talk about the past of the church and how Dimitri became saint. After the tour finished we went into the church office where we heard the first chanter chant a few songs.

Next it was off to the museum of Thesaloniki to check out the exhibit they had on golden jewellery found in Macedonia from ancient and Classical times. The exhibit was pretty impressive and it was the first time I had a chance to see some weapons and armour from those times.

After the museum it was off to the heart of the city to get a bit of shopping done, we didn’t have much time so we only really went to one shop which was Zara, sought of like David Jones or Myer but they just sell clothes.

When our brief hopping experience was over we went to the theatre (George Frazis had seen the lead actor in the Athens airport, started chatting and scored cheap tickets for all of us.) The play we aw in the amphitheatre was an Aristophanes one, cant remember what it was called though, maybe Loukanika omega or something, it was pretty damn funny. After the play we got back on the bus and headed back to the hotel.

About lannigan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.