Existing Member?

Daniel Greece, (program of education for make benefit beautiful nation of Australia)

Day 39

FRANCE | Tuesday, 12 January 2010 | Views [202]

Woke up a bit earlier today. Its a bit hard to get out of bed when its freezing outside. Met up with Tom, Chels and Beazley today and we all went to see the Catacombs. 

The Catacombs are huge! You walk down a tiny spiral staircase for like 10mins then along a very low underground tunnels (cant stand upright in them) for 500m, then you finally reach the area with all the bones and bodies. Its a big gross, but still quite a sight to behold. There are the remains of about 3million people down there, and the bones are stacked perfectly to form walls. We were probably down there for 2 hours.

We were all exhausted by the end. Luckily there was a guy selling crepes near the exit. I got a banana and nutella crepe...the best thing ive had in my life. Soon as i get home im going to learn to replicate those badboys.

Sam and i also arranged our train to Rome. Bloody all booked agian...im pretty sure weve just been getting incompetent staff, becuase none of the trains weve caught have been anywhere near full. This will be the last train we reserve tickets, we'll just jump on the next one. We ended up booking the night sleeper train, which is apparently the best way to travel, but we had to leave a day later than we wanted and upgrade to first class, so it cost us and extra 45 euros each...first class better. be good...


We also had to extend our stay at the hostel, but its not a big deal...might even make it out to euro disney...if the funds hold out. We booked our italian hostel aswell, Hotellio di Roma. $30 aus each per night and its a private room with shower...jackpot!


Had another top night downstairs with the crew.

About lannigan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.