Existing Member?

Escape from Normal

Timed

INDIA | Tuesday, 5 June 2007 | Views [660] | Comments [4]

I have 11 minutes and 54 seconds to announce "Greetings from India!"

I'm going to try to find the time to provide a long rambling post about my three days of travel, one day in Singapore, and my arrival in India.

Let me just say that everything is going great, I am safe, and I've set up home in my hotel. No terrible culture shock quite yet, but I think that stuff tends to set in after the first week and wear off over two weeks. So, yay. Hopefully I'll be past the culture shock and travelers diarrehea by the time I go wandering through India on my own.

I'm trying to gauge how wise or unwise it is to load my picures using the business laptop, and am currently feeling uncomfortable with the idea. I'll investigate my options and try to see if I can share a few photos.

Anyways, we'll be working pretty hard here. Our current schedule will probably be noon to 9:30pm. I'm getting up still earlier in the morning to get ready and get some work done on the laptop, so... not much to report about India except: work, work, work.

More soon!

Tags: Work

Comments

1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALANNA.

I have passed your website on to the rest of the friends and family.

  Jeanne Avant Jun 7, 2007 5:04 AM

2

Well, after 5 minutes of living in your apartment, Karma warmed up to me. In fact, she's drinking out of my water cup right now. You have been replaced.

You see Alanna, we do things together. I turn a faucet on, and she drinks from it to keep from wasting water down the drain.

I think you know where I'm going with this. I'm going to have to tell you anyways. I'm sorry. Not only are you no longer needed, but Karma and I are getting married. I know her and I have only known each other for 14 hours, but I'm afraid you can't stop us. I think the pictures speak for themselves.








Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

  Brother Avant Jun 9, 2007 5:25 AM

3

I'm glad to see you have found someone again Linc. Your Mom and I were worried about you.

Dad

  Rick Avant Jun 9, 2007 1:39 PM

4

Holy crap, please take her! (And thanks for the pictorial update.)

  Alanna Jun 11, 2007 3:28 AM

About lanna


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.