Existing Member?

Lane's and Hev's Big Adventure Just a little something to keep in contact with my wonderful friends and family

In San Francisco

USA | Thursday, 15 February 2007 | Views [1464] | Comments [4]

Hey Guys First of all this blog was supposed to b up this morning but I accidently deleted it.  Gr8 start to the day oops

 

How are you all?  Hev and I and doing gr8.  First of all wow! I’m so Cold.  I had forgotten how much I didn’t like the cold until I walked off the plane.   It was like 10 degrees.  The most interesting hurdle so far had been the successful carrying of my backpack.  I can just hear my brother and Emily from here.  I’ll cop to it.  You guys were right.  I should have removed at least half of the contents.  I do however maintain that I had to have my hair straightener, which by the way I have not used at all.  I have had a few close calls in which I had to lean over like I was facing a gale force wind in order to stay in an upright position.  Must have looked a little bit funny.

 

We arrived in San Francisco with such high hopes of beginning our new adventure.  One small problem the backpackers was not exactly what I expected.  Not 2 bad just went to bed every night to the melodic sounds of sirens in the background.  I can now tell the difference between a Fire Engine and an Ambulance.  How many people can say that J  (just kidding wasn’t that bad).

 

Heather and I also went on a Tram Car of course.  One can’t go the San Francisco and not do that.  Even got a whole bunch of bouncy balls and sent them down from the tallest street.  Just like in the printer add back home.  Heather and I got a little snap happy and consequently the battery for my camera ran out halfway through the day.  I did, however manage to get a picture of myself on the tram doing the Star trek symbol.  I hope you like that Katey.  It was a little embarrassing and of course I had to tell the story behind it.  Much to my delight most Americans are Star Wars fans.  Our Tram ride was interesting to say the least.  First it almost hit a car, and then the driver got a little hungry and stopped off for a slice of pizza and a drink on the way around.  All in all it was awesome though, San Francisco is one of the most picturesque places I have ever seen.  People are really nice.

 

We met 3 gr8 people at Fisherman’s Wharf.  They were students visiting from Berkley.  We asked them where a good and safe place would be to go for dinner that night.  One of the girls said, “It’s generally safe here, but you have pepper spray don’t you.”  “Pepper spray,” I shrieked.  “That’s illegal back home.”  “Really,” she said.  “You can buy it from Walmart (Kmart) for $5. 99.”  I think she was a little taken aback by my shock and awe at the pepper spray suggestion.  We promptly thanked them for there sound advice and scampered off into the distance as fast as our little legs would carry us.

 

After that we checked out Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge on this cool boat.  Luckily I didn’t get sea sick and Ari there were heaps of sea birds near Alcatraz and one of the first things that came out of my mouth was “Jeez there is not many is there.”  I had a little giggle to myself as I completed that in my head with “if any.”

 

Any hoo guys I’ll see you later I’ll update you on the Canada side of things real soon.  Oh and P.S I have begun spreading “not even a major” in USA and in Canada and I think it’s really starting to pick up momentum.  Miss you guys all very much.  Hope work is going well.

 

Love Alaina

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Well, well I am impressed you actually made it overseas and it sounds like you are not missing us that much at all (that is a good thing). I love the 'not many if any comment', nice touch! But i would also like to see the star trek symbol Photo! You are a freak! Lastly did you use your ipod on the plane? Or were you impressed with program the airline had to offer?
Anyway, hope to read from you soon
Ari

  Ariane Feb 19, 2007 8:34 PM

2

Hey champ, glad to hear you are having such a great time. I know what you mean about packing, i dont know how i am going to decide which shoes to take! I could always send a few pairs over in the post! Glad u have ur hair straitener because im pritty sure mine wont fit in. Good luck with the pepper spray, and i will catch you on the other side!

claire

  cbreen Feb 26, 2007 5:35 PM

3

Pl,
Happy Birthday -hope you have fun in the BIG APPLE!!!
Andy

  andrew higgins Mar 3, 2007 3:10 PM

4

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER, HOPE YOU ARE WELL AND CELEBRATING IN STYLE. HAVE A SLICE OF PIZZA FOR US. SURELY THERE'S A NEW YORK SLICE AROUND. HOPE YOUR TOM HANKS IS WAITING AT THE TOP OF THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING. IF NOT PUT ON YOUR STAR WARS VOICE AND SURELY THE BOYS WILL SWARM. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND SEND US SOME PICS SOON XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

  Kate, Ari, Rachelle, Kerri, Clare and the 4A Gang Mar 3, 2007 3:49 PM

About lane


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.