Existing Member?

The Simple(r) Life Shangrila!

You get so far, so fast

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 16 September 2009 | Views [405] | Comments [1]

well, here i am.  south america, and more specifically Argentina, Cordoba, Argentina.  The second largest city in the country and home to 7 colleges, some of the best architecture in the country, and that much closer to la tierra del vino and Patagonia.  It has been an incredible two weeks so far, first sharing time in Peru and Chile with good friends and now to be in this place I have wanted to go for so long is just so incredible.  The buses from Lima to here have brought me through so many different ecosystems and ways of life.  From our plush beginnings in Lima (thanks to Luke), to colonial Arequipa and beautiful Canyon del Colca with its condors and baby llamas, to Chile and the unspeakably incredible Atacama desert (but over priced San Pedro de Atacama), passed the border with Argentina to Salta and some good beer and hiking with new friends to Cordoba.  Wow, how you can get so far so fast is just incredible, cheaply too...EEUU are you taking notes??  Just staying here for one night because, well frankly, i really want to get to wine country and just COUNTRY!  Will download pictures soon, have tons already to share!  Quickly, the 7up tasts like fruit loops, my last bus played three movies that all had one common theme:the end of the world (tanto), Argentines are as beautiful as they say, and the toilets do not flush the opposite direction:)  hope all is well at home, pictures soon!

Comments

1

How awesome Laina! I need to see some pics my friend! Kiss some beautiful Argentinian women for me; I think I need to move there!....

  Wyatt! Sep 21, 2009 12:06 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.