Existing Member?

South America 07

the first few days

PERU | Tuesday, 17 July 2007 | Views [319]

14 June 2007

 So we are sitting in the emergency exit row right now.  Lucily my legs are long and my butt is not wide, as the seats in this plane are quite narrow.  This is the first leg of our 3 plane flight. 

14 june 2007

We just boared our flight to Lima.  The flight attendent addressed mom in Spanish, dad and me in English.  My goal for this next flight is to break the lost luggage streak- the past 3 times I´ve flown internationally I´ve lost my luggage.  Lets hope for the best this time.  

15 june 2007      

We´ve arrived in Lima.  I´m sitting here watching music videos on tv of such classics as the Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkle.  Dad is sleeping on mom´s lap.  Mom´s asleep too.  Its cold here.  Darkness has lifted but a thick fog and lack of windows prevent any views of Lima. 

Before we entered this terminal, we had a bite to eat for breakfast.  Our options- Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds- in the Lima airport- of course.  We opted for come Joe from Dunkin Donuts.  Dad even ordered his tea in Spanish. 

Lima has a nice airport- clean, user-friendly, new.  And the biggest plus- benches that you can actually lay down on.  You never see that anymore. 

15 june in Cusco

After sleeping the better part of the afternoon, we finally got up and started out around Cusco.  We ate dinner at Jack´s Cafe.  They all spoke english and the place was full of gringos.  The food was good though, and we felt fine afterward.   

Tags: Adventures

About laffertyk


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.