Existing Member?

Pura Vida! Enjoy Life!

A Central American Adventure

COSTA RICA | Tuesday, 16 September 2014 | Views [1195] | Scholarship Entry

After volunteering in Mexico as an English Teacher for 7 months, it has always been my dream to return for this exciting festival! The beautiful culture, people and way of life experienced, left me in awe of a country that really is so diverse and alive! I have just returned from a two month road trip, starting in Costa Rica, working my way up along the Pacific coast to Guatemala. Since day one, it was clear to see how Central American people embrace their spiritual and therefore intuitive side, which I believe comes from their incredibly close connection with nature and it's delicate yet exquisite delights. Being able to film and share the fascinating spiritual festival "Day of the Dead" would be the icing on the cake to my mini Youtube series on how Central American people connect with life and themselves, to hopefully take me further in the future to a properly funded TV series.

Being half Honduran, I speak Spanish fluently and would thoroughly enjoy interviewing the locals to find out more about this captivating colourful festival as well capturing the magic on camera. I graduated from University with a 1st in Digital Film and Screen Arts and have since been focusing on this personal project writing, presenting and filming about physical landscapes and the local cultural humanistic connections. Winning this opportunity would give me the chance to finish off this research and investigation, adding perfectly to my portfolio of Travel presenting!

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About ladyrock


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.