Existing Member?

Chronicle Of An Adventure Foretold

A near death experience

INDIA | Sunday, 19 February 2012 | Views [650]

There are moments I don’t quite have words for; moments when the sheer perfection and wonderfulness of everything falls into place and all I can feel is deep utter gratitude and love for everything, all of it. (I know, it sounds corny, like I said, I don’t have words. I wish I did, and a production plant to bottle up the feeling and distribute it). As bizarre as it sounds, moments like that make me feel like, ‘if I died right now I’d be completely happy with how everything has been’.

As the saying goes: “be careful what you wish for”

Sitting in an auto rickshaw in my blissful reverie, contemplating how happy I’d be if this was all and this was it, on cue the auto went hurtling over a speedbump, throwing me butt-out-of-seat and towards the windscreen. My body exhaled an involuntary gasp and grabbed on to the nearest piece of cold metal for life support.

It’s the closest I’ve ever come to a sticky end and it made me realise that, however grateful I may be for everything in my life so far, I would still quite like to hang on to it a little longer (at least a few more hours till my next birthday).

I did consider asking the driver for a near-death discount (me: “you nearly kill me!!”) but what’s the point? I am still of course deeply grateful, but maybe I won’t push my luck : )

Not just yet ; )

Tags: delhi traffic, health hazards, near death experiences

About ladyc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.