Existing Member?

Ra and Gladdys overseas adventures

First Week In Thailand!!

THAILAND | Sunday, 16 March 2008 | Views [362]

Wow, what a first week, feels like we've been here for a month!

On our trip from the airport we saw an elephant cruizin down the street, we stayed in an awesome suburb out of the city and really got to see how the majority of people live (Khoa San Road isn't the real Thailand!!)..

Thai people are so gorgeous! They are so helpful and friendly, we love them!!!! xx

First morning we got up super early, we were so excited! Went for a walk and checked it all out, so overwhelming.. Everything is so different, even the local corner store kept us entertained for 20minutes!

We decided to take on the city and went to see the Grand Palace which was amazing.. went on a boat on the canal - nice, after grand palace tried to watch thai dancing, but wasnt on or something???.. But it was exciting anyways as we went on our first and probably our last Tuk Tuk ride. I swear there are absolutely no road rules in this country! Managed to get lost in the suburbs of Bangkok where NOBODY spoke english and no street signs, got back exhausted!

Shoping at Khoa Shan Road, learnt how to bargain, got some cool thai clothes..

Went to Kanchanaburi, really awesome place, stayed at the best guest house, beautiful food, lovely people.. Saw the most amazing waterfalls. We were lucky enough to be befriended by a teacher wanting us to speak English with her students, they were all so awesome. They invited us on their school bus to see the waterfall at Nam Tok. This has been the highlight of our trip so far, we're going to come back at the end of our trip and volunteer to teach english to the kids. They loved us and invited us to their village and their school.

Ayuthaya has some amazing ruins, we hired a bike and rode around all morning, pretty awesome, really really hot here though! Sad to not be eating the yummy food at the last guest house, really hard to find vego food that doens't taste like meat.. It was so hot this arvo we decided to treat ourselves to a lovely thai massage, broke the bank at $6/hour!!!

Tomorrow we headn to Chang Mai and we'll write again soon

Luv to everyone,

Ladle and Ra xxoo

About ladle-j


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.