Existing Member?

menudo

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [443] | Scholarship Entry

I am an explorer, writer, teacher, linguist, and former cryptologist driven by a thirst for adventure and a love of the unexpected. I speak Spanish,Portuguese and Arabic and currently teach Arabic language and culture at a prep school. I have worked as a producer’s assistant and in 2008, a small homemade film I co-wrote, toured the world festival circuit. I have also helped coordinate the crews and scout locations for several viral films highlighting emerging social change agents in Egypt. My partner on this project, Sabrina Hilario, is an amateur photographer, originally from Brazil. My ultimate goal, and what winning this project could help me achieve, is to travel to all 22 countries of the Arab League, creating short web films that confront and break down stereotypes and encourage mutual understanding and collaboration between people. The idea of my submission film was born because I love discovering and sharing hidden, local gems. Asheville, NC is famous for the scenery, music and the Biltmore Estate but few people realize that there is a vibrant, ever growing Latino community that adds something truly unique to the city by way of language, music, cuisine and craft.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About lacruda

lacruda in loobnan

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.