Existing Member?

Purified Philosophy

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [151] | Scholarship Entry

My considerate mother designed the whole Malaysia tour so that I could recuperate after the deadly accident I had met with earlier in the year. This accident left me on crutches for consecutive ten months. I gradually developed a misanthropic feeling after experiencing some bitter experiences. This misanthropic feeling was further firmed in the morning when Rayhan, my friend and I were denied to board the flight from Langkawi to Kuala Lumpur.
I stumbled on the way and thus it deteriorated my already operated right leg’s condition. This unexpected mishap failed me to reach the gate 45 minutes before the departure. I sought a humanely consideration from Air Asia. Yet, they slammed the plane’s door on our face which only made me more cynical.
Later, we met Abdur Rahman, who was accompanying a bunch of local boys, at Langkawi Ferry Station. Hearing our misfortune and the scant amount of money we had, he willingly came forward to help us find the cheapest way to reach KL. In reality, I never welcomed his alacritous cooperation. I preferred to find the way on our own. After arriving Kuala Kedah, I tried to escape from him while pretending to buy food. Nevertheless, he arranged a caravan from his friend to bring us at Alor Setar as there was no bus available in Kuala Kedah. No sooner had the car took a deserted road, those boys started to laugh at us. Also, Mr. Rahman started to behave strangely. As we saw no people or car on the road, we both became so frightened that we thought we were abducted. In fact, we fancied thousands of possible dangers and measures to tackle those. Finally, we both became dumbfounded when we reached Alor Setar safely and Mr. Rahman bought us bus tickets.
This unforgettable experience taught me how to believe human once again- a heavenly virtue that I lost in the aftermath of the accident. This might never be possible if Air Asia would not have offered a low price offer as well as maintained its strict rule and I would not have stumbled.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About l_explorateur


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.