Existing Member?

My Big Adventure

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 28 March 2011 | Views [1276] | Scholarship Entry

In a world where pen, papers, desktop, or laptop are your only companions; and to have a career where your source of strength and inspiration is your heart and your collateral is your conscience; writing is a wonderful job and a great adventure. To share my thoughts and feelings in the world is not new to me and the desire to have this expressed has longed been there and I am ready to face the challenge. Who wouldn’t want to share good experiences? Who wouldn’t want to explore? Who wouldn’t want to help change the world? One big adventure because, this is “a journey in an unknown culture” where hedges are ready to confronts, disappoints or destroys me. When the reality starts to come-in and employ some challenges, I should say “why am I doing this? What am I doing here? Suddenly, boom! I’m out of here. But no! I want to become a determined writer. I’ll stay on course, collide with the barriers and emerged triumphant. This is the culture in writing that I have to embrace to be able to give life to my ideas and to give light to the message that I want to impart. I long dreamed for this opportunity, and I believed whatever philosophy and principles that still left in me will be utilized for the benefit of the readers.

My life is one big written adventure, because I have to deal with the hardship of the day to day living. As a young man who grew up in a bare subsistence level it took a lot of time for me to finished my education and it took several years before I got a decent job. But I loose it immediately because I hurriedly aspire to enriched myself and bumped into a lot of troubles. My life was ruined. I almost lost my self-esteem. Not until that fateful day, that someone grabbed my hand and helps me up and all my misery was gone. Now I only look back once in a while to remind me of my past to be able to have my attitude and determination in-check.

Travel writer? Wow! Who wouldn’t want to become an explorer? To become a travel writer is one God dammed adventure, because it will give me the opportunity to go places. Going into places is one heck of a task that requires determination and patience. The demanding trip, the ticket booking and the hotel accommodation hustle that would affect my writings and all the inconveniences are among the challenges that I have to deal with. I know the risk and it will endanger me in the process but that’s how it used to be. I need to risk my life to get some highlight; I want to make known the unknowns and make famous the neglected; to open the places to the world, to be the eye of the traveler, to be the pulse of the business world and will serve as the map of the explorer. This is rare and I want to a part of this profession. How would I be a responsible traveler? I shall maximize my time in full potential to bring out the whole story of the places. I’ll never hides, never exaggerates, never play around and he never lies.

Tags: #2011Writing, Travel Writing Scholarship 2011

About kune


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.