Existing Member?

Unforgettable moments in Austria

Life scents of Vienna

AUSTRIA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [307] | Scholarship Entry

Everybody has some places, which are special for them. I’m not an exception. During my last travel I found one and immediately fell in love with it. Setting off traveling, I wasn’t particularly interested in places crowded with meandering tourists, but still my friends and I decided to visit well-known cities, and one of them was Vienna.
Having encountered this imperial capital, I was pretty sure it has nothing “so” special about it. I was mistaken, absolutely mistaken. Because, in fact, everything in this city is meaningful and special: Vienna is even better than its reputation – and it has a splendid one. Walking along Ringstrasse we found ourselves in a real fairytale. Vienna State Opera with magic frescoes, Rathaus with its “town hall man”, cradle of the democracy – the Parliament, all of these eye-catching buildings made us feel on top of the world. Notwithstanding its, frankly speaking, horribly cold weather, which appeared to be surprising, this city really charms. It charms and seduces from the very beginning. No matter how much time you stay here, whether for a fast-track travel or slow-paced sightseeing, you still have a lot of entertainment opportunities. The most captivating thing about Vienna is its coffee houses. For me they became incredibly special, because they make the real atmosphere of the city. It is widely known that Vienna is the birthplace of coffee houses along with The Sacher Cafe, where Sachertorte is its zest. Once you are in Vienna, you will immediately notice this original freshly brewed coffee scent, with some vanilla or chocolate notes. This fragrance moves throughout the city and lifts the spirits of all people around! Inhale, exhale, nothing can be better than those life-saving scents. Who knew it would be the most vivid recollection after visiting Vienna? No one knows.
Captivated by this chilly place, we headed for the heart of Austria's capital – Stephansdom (St. Stephen's Cathedral). This cathedral is a mighty gothic edifice of dark stone with 13 bells and impressive tower room, which provides sweeping view across Vienna. The brilliance of St. Stephen's Cathedral is its colorful tiled roof with a mosaic of the double-headed eagle, emblem of Habsburg dominion. Inside you can find a good deal of curiosities, including many important artworks. Altars, chapels and tombs make this place unconditionally sacred and significant for everyone, making you feel the real power and majesty of genuine emperors.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About kseniia-adv

Stephansdom

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.