Existing Member?

Intercultural Communications

Day 11- Cuenca

ECUADOR | Saturday, 11 January 2014 | Views [206]

                Today was another normal day; we had class in the morning where we talked about healthcare in Ecuador. For lunch, we had a cooking class where we made Locro de Papas, which is a potato, cheese, and avocado soup. We also made beef, a tomato salad, and a corn/egg side dish. It was quite delicious. In the afternoon, we visited a health care center. It was very interesting to compare it to the United States clinics. The set-up, the process to check in, and the way they did things were very different. Granted, it was a public, medium sized clinic and not a private or large hospital.

                Dinner tonight was delicious. My host-mom made chicken, rice, avocado, potatoes, peaches, and my favorite juice that tastes like mangos and oranges. We talked with my host-mom after dinner for a long time about everything from cooking to the government. It was a great conversation, and I feel like my Spanish is improving a lot as I spend more time here. Tomorrow we get to visit a school, and I am beyond excited. I am considering doing my student teaching in South America, and I think Ecuador would be a wonderful country for it. 

About krthomas12


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.