Existing Member?

Service Trip to Cambodia This Journal keeps track of my experiences as an Epic Volunteer for Vail Resorts while in Siem Reap and the surrounding villages during a Chiropractic Service Trip staying at Hariharalaya Retreat Center.

Don't open the door

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 28 December 2017 | Views [383]

Travel has always given me little moments /stories as well as amazingly big moments that I will never forget.  Seeing new places, experiencing different cultures, trying new foods, finding new friends, etc.  Some might say that I am not satisfied with my current life and keep searching for something, but I say that I will never be satisfied with the status quo and there is always more to learn from the world.

While Cambodia had not been on the radar for a trip, I love it when things fall in to place as if they were meant to be.  Meeting Lauren and having Mt Maunganui in common (her being from around there and me just a visitor years ago), to her becoming my chiropractor when I hadn’t even really thought it was needed on a regular basis, to ending up in Cambodia on this trip as an Epic Volunteer.

On to the here and now....my first little story occurred in Hong Kong at the airport after getting to my seat on CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIR (why all caps?, I honestly don’t know but everywhere in the airport it was in all caps when no other airline was).  To my epic gratitude, I was put in an exit row seat with some space to stretch my legs.  The flight attendant came down the aisle, where I was prepared for the normal speech about the responsibilities of the exit row and what to do with the door.  Instead I got my first moment when she very sweetly got everyone’s attention and said “Don’t open the door, please just don’t open it” and walked away. My seat mate and I looked at each other and just started laughing as it seemed like it happened so often the warning was needed. 

2 hours later, I got my first taste of Cambodia.

About krock970

Baby Whisperer

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.