Existing Member?

Goodbye Melbourne, Hello Canada. A RECORD OF MY JOURNEY AS I GIVE UP MY JOB, MOST OF MY POSSESSIONS & LIFE AS I KNOW IT TO GO SEE CANADA & WHO KNOWS WHERE ELSE.......

White Christmas

CANADA | Wednesday, 22 December 2010 | Views [410] | Comments [3]

I've been living in Canada for 6 months now and I can't believe how the time has flown by. The year didn't get off to a great start and I faced some tough challenges but how quickly that all changes.

Although I miss my friends and family immensely, I feel very at home here in Vancouver. 

Thanks to a wonderful surgeon back in Melbourne, my rehab nurse Nutters and many gym sessions, I finally got back on the mountain and the horse so-to-speak. 11 months after Sunpeaks kicked my ass I'm back doing something I truly love, snowboarding. I chose the worst possible day weather wise to take my first run down Mt Cypress but I figured if I could manage that then it only gets easier. As I got off the lift and went to strap on the board again I had a fleeting thought flicker through my head that maybe I should just hang up the board and not risk injuring myself again. But, as most of you would know, I'm not a quitter and can be extremely determined once I set my mind to something. I've been up the mountain a couple of days now and my riding is pretty much back to where I left it last January.

Christmas is in a few days and I'm excited to be experiencing it in winter. It will be strange to be bundled up inside, with warm food, hot fires and plenty of boozy eggnog as opposed to sweating over my plate of seafood and ice cold beer.

I'm looking forward to heading back to Sunpeaks next month and spending some time with family that are visiting, hopefully more of it in the snow and less in the bar this time!

From a beautiful snow covered Vancouver, I wish you all back home and those abroad a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 

Much love

Kxxx

Comments

1

Beautiful view, my Lord!!!!!!! Enjoy your first White Christmas... I'll think of you over my plate of jumbo prawns! Ha, ha! Good to hear you got back up on the mountains once more; you can't keep a good woman down... Shame about Bookarmy but at least I won't have to read anymore 5 star reviews / recommendations for the Twilight novels! All the best my love... XX

  Stella Paisley Dec 23, 2010 4:43 PM

2

With regards to Sunpeaks next month, I would like an equal amount of time spent on the mountain v in the bar!

Miss you.

  Your Favourite Sister Dec 24, 2010 12:22 AM

3

Happy New Year Krit! :-) Hope you had a fab white xmas over there....i'm very jealous! It rained and rained xmas day and all week here on the Gold Coast LOL!!! at least it wasn't too hot like other years though. Cheers for now, Elana.

  Elana Jan 4, 2011 10:25 AM

About krit


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.