Existing Member?

Kris & Chris & The World

Unemployment

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 28 June 2007 | Views [278]

Have just spent the last week visiting numerous recruitment agencies in an attempt to find a more long term job. And find out if I got one tomorrow - so fingers crossed please everyone! If not, not to worry as recruitment agents are ringings me constantly. Have been put forward to a role at Stella McCartney....Starfish to Stella (weird).

Chris and I went to Toast NZ this weekend, my birthday present from Meraud, but Chris gets the present too :) . The Black Seeds played which was really cool and it was set in an orchard. Only problem was it bucketed down with rain, but the clever organisers handed out free ponchos and in the end it was quite funny with everyone wandering around in pink and blue plastic. I ate a huge lamb shank which was awesome as the meat over here leaves a lot to be desired. We spent most of the day dodging the rain and drinking a lot of beer. At the end I spent £20 on burger rings, rashuns, toffee pops (2 packets), marmite, pineapple lumps and perky nanas. Even though we havent been gone that long i couldnt contain my excitment at seeing toffee pops again. And lovely Meraud got me some K Bars too. At the end of the day Chris and I ran into two kiwis who we had last seen at the top of a mountain in Peru!!

Yesterday we went to Regents Park for the first time and it is huge and a pretty impressive park - we only walked around a little bit of it, but did manage to find the tennis courts of course. Also saw some squirrels - love them.

Got the new Harry Potter book on the weekend and spent most of today finishing it off. So all in all unemployment is treating me very nicely at the moment, but I am hoping to be back in the workforce soon!!!!

PS - another star spotting - we walked past Keria Knightly a few weekends ago, a few blocks from our house! She is beautiful and not as scrawny as all the photos make her seem.

About kristinandchris


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.