Existing Member?

Kris & Chris & The World

Skydives and Goodbyes

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 22 March 2007 | Views [334]

 
And so begins the first blog entry.....

It has been a bit of a weird last week and a half. Chris and I have left Wellington and have slowly made our way up the north island, stopping to see various friends. I have been crying a lot, but have noticed that I seem to be getting it more under control and trying to keep it together. After all its not really goodbye, its just see you later.

We are now in Tauranga with Chris's parents and have been running around the mount and swimming in their pool.

But most excitingly we stopped in Taupo yesterday to do a skydive. Chris had always wanted to do one and I was not so keen, but after Chris's offer to pay for half and Sharon insisting that it was a good idea, I thought okay. And then spent the drive from Napier to Taupo feeling sick! But a few hours later I found myself dressed in a red jump suit and meeting my 'Jump Master' on the tarmac. After about an hour it was all in the plane and then up to 12000 feet for our tandem jump. Its hard to explain the feeling of being pushed towards an open door of a plane. But I think I was more pushed! And before you know it you are falling and going upside down and suddenly your arms are out and you are like Keanu in Point Break. It is a relief and a dissapointment when the parachute opens. Half is happy as it has all gone to plan, and half is sad as the free fall is over. Afterwards I was on a complete high - couldnt stop smiling and Chris was pale and a bit worse for wear. I would highly recommend it! Still buzzing (obviously).

So all in all its been highs (ha - 12000 feet!) and lows.... cant believe we are leaving in just over a week!!!!!

About kristinandchris


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.