Existing Member?

Krista's Travels

WWOOF Host #5, Hobart, and the Blue Mountains

USA | Sunday, 1 February 2009 | Views [1949] | Comments [5]

Kate (in hat) talking to customers at her sunday market clothes stall

Kate (in hat) talking to customers at her sunday market clothes stall

I'm Baaaaack! Back in Sydney, that is. I had a wonderful month in Tasmania and am preparing to head to New Zealand tomorrow morning for the second half of my amazing journey. Unfortunately I will need to keep this short, because I injured both of my arms at the herb farm a couple weeks ago and thus it is painful to type or write (or do anything much at all for that matter). It's one of those overuse injuries and it will just take time to heal is all, so I won't be wwoofing for awhile. My host in Hobart my last week in tasmania was stellar, putting up with my lack of hard work and welcoming me into her world. I let the chickens in and out, fed them and collected their eggs, watered the backyard garden, and did some transplanting. She lives in town, lovely Hobart, tasmania's capitol, and has a used clothing stall at the famous and massive saturday market. I slept in a room full of colorful clothes, and enjoyed her colorful positive energy. I also took out a rental car for 2 days to explore the south part of the state, beautiful. Back in Sydney, I had 2 nights at a wilderness cabin with my good friends Ramona and Maria (friends from home that have lived here for 10 years). We did a lot of hiking in the Blue Mountains and enjoyed the solitude. Maria spoiled us with good food. More later upon the healing of my poor little arm muscles. I apologize that I won't be responding much to emails until then, but please do write me if you want as I do enjoy reading!

Comments

1

HI just been looking at your pictures .Hope your having good time. Happy Birthday. in case I don"t get back to you Love gramma

  Gramma VE Feb 4, 2009 1:28 PM

2

Krista, I'm really enjoying checking out your blogs and your beautiful pictures. Sounds like you are really having a good time and learning lots. Have fun! --Jana ;o)

  Jana H. Feb 5, 2009 4:29 PM

3

Happy Birthday in New Zealand! Hope the hot weather we've heard about in Australia hasn't melted your enthusiasm. No mention in your blog, so maybe you escaped it in Tasmania... The typical gray and cool here, but the Indian plums are bursting bud (!). WE are enjoying the library, the symphony and the opera, tonight. Also ordered a greenhouse, which will come in about a month. Fun! You have fun, too!

  Sally Feb 8, 2009 11:28 AM

4

Hi Krista, hope you are well down there! I love the pic of you with the koala and on the lavendar farm. I'm terribly jealous and impressed that you managed this tour of yours, I'm enjoying reading the blogs. My new job is working out well, I'm living in Vancouver WA. I've been exploring the Willamette Valley, lots of good farmland downthere, and lots of starlings too, for sport. I saw a 10-acre farm for sale for about 250k a few months ago. Soon...

Hope your arms get well. Drop me a line sometime when you can.

  Joseph Leyda Feb 8, 2009 6:31 PM

5

hello! I'm looking for a host in Hobart and just found your blog, she sounds not bad, is it possible for you to give me her contact number or email ? cuz I'm trying to save some money, so trying not to join lots of wwoofing members, thank you in advance!!

  ming Sep 4, 2012 1:55 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.