Existing Member?

Kristal's Work & Adventures in the Philippines

Lazy Weekend

USA | Monday, 2 July 2012 | Views [336]

Hey all!

It is yet again Monday morning and I have just finished watching the eurocup finals. Way to go Spain!! Wasn't a tense game, which is sometimes good, but at close game does get me all riled up. The philippines did not have it broadcast on any channels, which is odd only because there are so many spaniards that live here and many foreigners in general.

Since last we talked, I have been busy with work trying to finish up my work, took some days to enjoy yoga and tried to make sure that I was getting enough sleep. Megan and I spent much of the week trying to plan our trip for next weekend. We wanted to make sure we could take the time off and wanted to make sure we were picking the right place. We decided to go to Palawan and staying at a resort that has a pool and is on the beach. We received a promotion code which gives us an hour massage, a mangrove tour in a paddleboat, an ATV farm tour, and underground river tour (hoping a permit we requested this week will be authorized) and a zipline thing. We are so excited to get away from Manila for a bit and to get a little more luxury and see something beautiful.

We have not gotten as dark as we expected, it is much too hot to lay by the pool for the day - only a couple hours - we hope we will get some sun and some breeze near the beach! I know it might rain a little, but hoping we will have a couple nice days on our vacation. We fly out Friday morning (right after my thursday shift) and come home Monday night (right before my Monday shift). It will make the weeks go by fast and then I will be home.

This weekend was a weekend that both Megan and I needed some sleep. I fell asleep without a sleep aid on saturday morning expecting to wake up 5 hours later - I woke up 9 hours later and it was a deep sleep. I woke up feeling great and wanting to get out to see things - too bad it was 8 pm at night!! Megan and I had about the same kind of day - we met up down at the bar/restaurant and sat outside drinking san miguels and talking about everything! It was nice to have some fun stuff planned and to have be getting closer to coming home.

I am very much ready to get to my vacation so I can experience a bit more than the phillippines has to offer - then finish up what I need to finish the last week of work and come home!! This has taught me about myself, people in my life, my career and what I want out of my job and how to step up a bit more on work and life. This experience makes you really appreciate what is important to you and what you truly appreciate. I appreciate all of you that have been reading my blog and I hope to talk with all of you personally about it when I get back!!

A long trip away from all you know - where you work off hours is tough. I can't believe how much more I miss normal conversation -I will be expecting human contact as much as possible people - less texting and facebooking and emailing for me. I want to see you people - either at the lake which I will be spending much of my time the last 7 or so weeks of summer or if we meet up in fargo downtown or on a patio somewhere!! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful 4th of July! Stay safe and remember the great day for me! It looks like it will be a nice hot 4th - I am so jealous that I have to miss it!

Love and miss you all!

About kristalk


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.