Existing Member?

Krista's Adventures in Wonderland

Following the yellow brick road

USA | Friday, 15 June 2012 | Views [418]

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

That's right, Dorothy, we have just passed over the state line from Kansas to Missouri. We'd already been to Missouri quite a few times but on this occasion we have departed for good. I don't know what mystery place we are stopping in tonight but I can only assume it will be Oz. I have unfortunately forgotten my ruby slippers and Toto (aka Kojoi). My parents will have to decide between themselves as to who is the scarecrow, tinman or lion. Personally, I think that my dad has a suitable hat for the scarecrow (it's made of straw), the car should be the tinman as it's made of metal which leaves the lion for my mum. 

At the moment, the yellow brick road is surrounded by farms, fields and a lot of American looking barns. They probably look American because they are American. 

Last night, we were treated to a three-course Trinidadian meal courtesy of our very own mini trini Shana. It was delicious! If I ever need to be persuaded to go to Trinidad, I need only remember that meal and I'll be on my way. I'd tell you what it was that we ate but I can't remember what it's all called. For starters we had banana shaped potato thing with some sauce that you put on. The sauce was sweet and spicy. Next we have chicken with cranberry in the middle and cucumber and cheese wrapped around it with some rice. For dessert we had… er… I don't even know how to describe it but it was tasty. If a Trinidadian ever offers you a meal, don't pass up the opportunity. 

We left bright and early this morning. Well, I say early, it was about 8.15am which isn't that early really. I'd tell you what time it is now but my laptop is still on English time so I've no idea. Maybe 9.20? 

We have just stopped for breakfast. Yay! Omelette time. Just before this we stopped for fuel and the station had an interesting bathroom. Two toilets; standard. One room; ok. No cubicles; odd. Maybe the builders thought that people might want company whilst using the facilities? I don't know. Maybe that's just Missouri. 

About kristagoodfellow


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.