Existing Member?

Shennanigans Abroad...

bejing and humidity

CHINA | Tuesday, 9 June 2009 | Views [283]

Jetlag wiped us out Monday so we decided to sleep straight throug to tuesday morning... unfortunately we awoke around 5am with no hopes of returning to be.

We set ut on a quest for Tian'namen Square and the Forbidden City. Along the way we checked out Behai Park and Hutong Park. Behai was beautiful. There we hiked up high to see the temple and jade islet where we overlooked the surrounding city parts. There were atleast 8 different groups of locals practicing tai chi in sets of 15-20 people. It was such an amazing sight to see them so peaceful and focused. There were also some groups using swords though we weren't sure what that was about.

The Forbidden City was packed with people mostly Chinese! we had a family of four come up and ask to take a photo with us. It was all so beautiful but the pictures really describe it best.

After all of that it was only noon so we decided to grab some lunch.. scott had beef dumplings but i stuck to the white rice as I was not feeling adventurous!

We got tickets to the Kung Fu show on Xingfu St... it was awesome! Afterwards we hit up the Dumpling House where I had my first authentic vegetarian chinese dumplings. It is nearly impossible to eat glutenfree here but with allergy cards and our growing chinese skills we are working on it!

Tomorrow it is off on a Great Wall HIKING trip at 530am where we will drive 3 hours to hike from one town on the wall to another which should take a good part of the day... so now its off to sleep for us!!

About kortenai


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.