Existing Member?

Natali.Heydel

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 31 July 2010 | Views [383] | Scholarship Entry

Once I was reading a book about micro financial loans in Bangladesh that persuaded me to start shooting a film on that subject. Two weeks after I bought plane tickets for Kolkata and quit my job. In the beginning of November, I was in a bus, on my way for a country I didn’t know anything about, even that most of the people don’t speak English over there! Everybody was constantly staring at me or following me, all signs were written in Bengali letters, I could never know were I was .. This was really scary ... for the few first moments. Then, I had to experiment Bengali incredible sense of hospitality: anytime, anywhere no one would ever let me go to the hotel or the restaurant, although it wasn’t difficult at all to travel as everybody just always pushed me in the right bus. In Dhaka City I met Sanjida Rahman, an incredible business woman that had more guts and grit than can be imagined. She took me to her family village Dhubaria, where I shot this short documentary about the Eid el Adha muslim festival with the help of her oncle, A.K. Sayeedur Rahman. Back in Paris since two months I am working further on my film project before I can fly back to Bangladesh.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About korbani

Hot India !

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.